Register and View at your Convenience
Is Corporate Canada Ready for the Green Economy?
ACCA Canada recently convened leading panel discussions both in Toronto and in Vancouver. The panel brought together leading experts in the fields of business, accountancy and NGOs to share their views on ‘Is Corporate Canada Ready for the Green Economy?’
The current state of the macro economy has led to an unsustainable use of resources, large income inequalities, environmental degradation and a greater level of risk. It is clear that a new economic system needs to be developed to avoid large scale disaster – an economic system that will help alleviate the risks as well as provide a number of opportunities for growth and prosperity. The broad term for such a system is a green economy.
Our panels discuss and debate the following issues:
• Canada’s economy: to what extent is it low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive?
• Corporate transformation: which Canadian leaders are transitioning to the green economy?
• Investment models for tomorrow’s economy: what are the implications for business?
• The accountancy profession: how is it redefining its role in new markets?
The panels explore how:
• businesses are adapting the way they operate in areas such as governance, risk, reporting, product sustainability, resource use and strategy development
• accountants are developing new services and acquiring new skills and practices to respond to changing markets and business
• investment behaviour is being affected by the green economy and what emerging funds being established in response to it
• governments are developing new policies, regulations and instruments to change behaviour as well as adopt sustainable procurement practices.
$25.00 for members
$35.00 for non-members
A certificate of attendance will be emailed after the session and should be kept as evidence of 2 hours verifiable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) under the ACCA CPD program.
Please e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-966-2225 for more information.